Sunday, March 1, 2009

Food

A few of my favourite food things from Berlin.

Perfectly in-season cherries.


My staple cereal.


Spinat mit Kase bitte. Danke!


I forget the name of this pastry, but it's sort of like a creampuff with added crisped dough balls on top (and obviously lots of icing sugar) along with a fluffy wonderful custardy filling. Drool...



At the Turkish Markets they sold cheese (kase) with various ingredients blended in. So good.

Saffron and Spinach.

A spicy Zucchini, Black Olive and Basil.


They also sold these wonderful multigrain loaves of buns. My weekly bun rationing.



Mix them together with a bit of garlic and you've got my favourite snack.



Milka chocolate could possible blow even Cadbury away. At least the caramel variety does.



They have these sickly sweet treats in the UK as well, but Germany's are better simply because they are called Dickman's. Check out the jumbo box of super Dickman's.


I never actually ate pickled wieners, but the variety alone is impressive.




Again, just to be clear, I never actually went for the meat pates.



No comments: